Thursday, May 26, 2005

Punch Drunk

"I wouldn't call it the lowest point, but it's pretty embarrassing."
--Eric Chavez
The Oakland Athletics have now lost 13 of their last 16 games. They rank dead last in the league in OPS. Their team ERA is better than only three teams in the league. They've committed more errors than any other team in the league.

And this isn't the lowest point of the season?

I don't know if I agree with that. This isn't just the lowest point of THIS season. This is the lowest point of the past six years. But maybe Chavy's right. Maybe it isn't the lowest point. Maybe it's going to get worse.

I'm guessing the lowest point of the season will be after today's game. When Hideo Nomo shuts us out.

"That was probably the worst stuff I've ever seen. The guy was throwing 83-84 mph fastballs. Come on."
--Eric Chavez, on Hideo Nomo following Oakland's 11-2 to Tampa Bay on April 9th
I am so NOT looking forward to today's game. This team disgusts me. Our manager makes me sick. But I guess I'm a glutton for punishment because I'll watch every painful minute it.

Hopefully the heckler will be there. That guy always puts a smile on my face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home