Friday, May 20, 2005

The Blind Leading the Blind

"I agree with Macha."

--Eric Chavez
They're both wrong.

It doesn't even matter what that quote was in reference to. If these two Mensa members are in agreement, you can safely assume that they're wrong.

In this instance, they're dead wrong about Interleague play. They like it. Which means it sucks.

"It'll be nice to get a new perspective on things after what we just went through."

--Ken Macha
What the hell does that even mean?

I hate Interleague play so damn much. I especially hate it when my A's have to play in a National League ballpark. I'm willing to admit that NL ball requires more strategy than American League ball. (I hope that makes you NL pricks happy. I said it. National League baseball requires more strategy than American League baseball. Now you a-holes can stop acting like the designated hitter is the friggin' antichrist.) The extra thought needed pretty much guarantees a Macha screw up.

It didn't take him long to display his brilliance during Interleague play last year.

St. Louis - Bottom of 1st
-Barry Zito pitching for Oakland
-T Womack safe at second on error by first baseman E Durazo.


That was the very first inning of Oakland's very first Interleague game on the road. Dopey McDope decided it'd be a good idea to throw our designated hitter and FORMER first baseman to the wolves the first chance he got. Guess it just made too much sense to ease him into his FORMER position.

I can't wait to see that befuddled look on Macha's face when he tries to remember how a double-switch works. Or when Haren fails to lay down a bunt in the seventh inning. That should be a hoot.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roman, you're killing me. Someone just sent me the link to your blog and I'm cracking up over here. Add another acolyte to the I Hate Macha club.

If only Billy had the stones to make Wash the manager. Oops, I forgot, he only wants gutless toadies in that role.

Friday, May 20, 2005 12:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh, the double-switch. Such a mind-boggling strategic twist.

Cut to

Macha, staring open-mouthed at the lineup card while Lachemann patienty explains its nuances.

end scene

Friday, May 20, 2005 12:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home