Monday, May 30, 2005

In Memory Of...

I'm on my way out to a cookout. Am I supposed to wish everyone there a "Happy Memorial Day"? Probably not. I don't think Memorial Day is a one of those holidays people actually "celebrate". I mean, I doubt there'll be cake.

That's okay 'cause I know there WILL be booze.

I'll just get plastered and reminisce about all the good times the Oakland Athletics have brought me these past few years. I won't mourn their death, but celebrate their life. That's the line I've heard at every funeral I've ever been to. It seems appropriate.

And as a bonus I'll probably be too drunk to get pissed off about what will no doubt be another pathetic display of baseball. I've been blessed. I'm a happy drunk.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

he'd be better if he could just stay awake during the games IMO. (though I have no real evidence of this)...awesome blog rmv...That picture of Macha kills me!Ch Finley

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 9:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home