Thursday, October 06, 2005

"What Now?"

I think it's pretty damn hilarious that all the people that have asked me that question since Macha got canned have related it to this here blog...and not to our beloved Oakland A's. I guess the general consensus of my audience is "Anybody but Macha."

Morons.

I really DO want what's best for our A's. Ken Macha clearly wasn't what was best. He was continually costing our A's wins with his poorly-constructed line-ups and horrid bullpen management. And that's how this all started. I was sick of him putting our team in the worst position possible to win. It was his short-comings as a major league manager that bothered me to no end. I guess, after a while, it just got personal.

But just because HE'S gone, doesn't necessarily mean our work is done.

When the next a-hole starts costing our team wins, believe you me, we're gonna write about it. If he bats Jason Kendall lead-off, or Chavy third, or Hatteberg at all, we're gonna sound off. So rest assured that until Greg and I are named co-managers of the Oakland Athletics, we'll be keeping you entertained with our expert analysis.

In the meantime, express your thanks to Billy Beane with a t-shirt. I think a public show of gratitude to the man that rid us of that white-haired, gum-chewing fool is the least we could do. I hope to see plenty of these floating around Phoenix Muni this Spring and around The Mac on Opening Day.

CafePress set the prices. If I could have set them lower for you, my faithful readers, I would have. But I couldn't. I'm not making a single penny from these shirts. Really, I'm not.

So open up your wallets and show some gratitude, ya cheap bastards.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good point, Billy definitely needs to concentrate on getting someone good this time.

There's an old Italian folktale that kinda of reminds me of the A's situation:

There once was a young king who was very proud of his kingdom and decided to see what the common man thought of him. So he went down to the streets and asked a really old woman, "Do you support me and love me?"

The old woman replied, "Of course I do."

So the king persisted, "Do you think my rule is just and fair?"

The old woman hesistated and replied, "No, you're the worst king I've ever known."

The king was perplexed with her answer and asked her how she could love him if he was so bad.

The old woman calmly told the king that she was alive when the king's grandfather was king. "He was a really bad king," she said. "Then came your father and he was even worse. Of course, now you are here and you are even worse than your father. So yes, I do support you and love you, only in fear of who the next king will be."

Thursday, October 06, 2005 1:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Macha wasn't canned. He walked away. He wants to coach the Pirates.

Thursday, October 06, 2005 7:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://wbal.com/stories/anmviewer.asp?a=35707

Okay, is anything as dumb as Ken Macha? Maybe this reptile.

Stupid snake.

hfg

hitz

Thursday, October 06, 2005 10:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fact Ken Macha no longer darkens our doorstep does, in no way, invalidate the truth contained in the blog title.

Continue. As you were...

Thursday, October 06, 2005 11:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ken Macha has bettered himself by leaving that egotist Billy. Billy's Balls loves to take credit for all the good things and back away from any bad things that happen. Ken wasn't the reason that Oakland underachieved. He walked away from you ingrates and will be in a better situation somewhere else. Good luck Ken........

Thursday, October 06, 2005 2:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that last post was definitely catfish

Thursday, October 06, 2005 8:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home