Friday, March 03, 2006

A Picture's Worth a Thousand Words

Thanks to Gabe and Steve for their submissions.

About two years ago I was invited to a cookout at Ken Macha's house. I was a little unsure about going but I figured this was one of the few times I would ever have the chance to converse one on one with a real big league manager, so I took full advantage of it.

It was a warm day, mostly sunny with a few white puffy clouds here and there as I approached the front door of his home. I rang the doorbell and became a little concerned when the tune that echoed from the halls of his home was the Darth Vader theme from Star Wars.

The door slowly opened as Macha himself peaked out from behind.

"Hello" he whispered in a high pitched voice."Um, hey. It's me. I'm here for the cookout."

"WELL COME ON IN!" he shouted, jumping up and down in sheer amusement that someone actually showed up.

The first thing I noticed when I entered his living room was a huge picture that had to measure atleast 20' X 20' that took up the entire back wall of the room.

The truly scary thing about this picture was that it was a photo of Scott Hatteberg and Ricardo Rincon posing topless with their arms around each other.

'Who would have a picture like THIS in their living room?' I thought to myself....

But I wasn't really scared until I noticed the two hand written notes on the bottom of the photo.

The first one on the bottom right hand side read:

"Dear Ken,

Thanks for making me the 'middle man' in your bullpen sandwich.

All my love,

Little Ricky."


Ew.

I noticed a little over to the left of that note was the 2nd note:

"Dear Ken,

Since you lived up to your 'end' of the bargain and hit me in the 4-hole for the entire season i'll live up to my 'end' of the bargain and let you hit me in my 2-hole for all of eternity.

All my love, XOXOXOX

Scotty the hotty."

I left.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CPOY 2006

Friday, March 03, 2006 11:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so Hatteburg likes to do it with a batting helmet on? Thanks, that was a visual I didn't need today.

Saturday, March 04, 2006 2:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ricardo looks afraid of what is coming

Sunday, March 05, 2006 10:26:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ha ha ha!

Friday, March 10, 2006 9:29:00 AM  
Blogger Drew914 said...

That picture is really, truly disturbing.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 5:17:00 PM  
Blogger JamieK said...

When do we get FireBenBraun.com?

Saturday, March 18, 2006 9:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home