Monday, November 28, 2005

Oakland Signs Esteban Loaiz-huh??

Yeah, I don't get it either. I'm not even trying to "get" it.
"We're giving Esteban friggin Loaiza twenty one million dollars? Okie-dokie."

--Me, to myself.
I guess the first ASSumption everyone is making is that we're trading Zito. I guess that'd be a fair ASSumption to make, considering what occured last off-season. But wasn't everyone ASSuming that we'd make "one last run with the Big 3" just one year ago? I know I was.

My assuming days are over. Remember when I thought we'd make a deadline deal? Or when I thought we fired Macha? Yeah, that was stupid. Fool me twice...

I'll leave the assuming to you dopes.

We're trading Zito for a power, right-handed bat! Billy's intentionally ruining the market for the Angels and Rangers! We're trading Zito for Conor Jackson and Carlos Quentin! By over-paying for Loaiza, Billy's driving up the price for Saarloos, Kennedy and Cruz! We're trading Zito for Dunn! We're signing Nomar next!

I don't know what the hell this all means. Billy does and, really, that's all that matters. He's made good moves before and he's made terrible moves before. I'm going to wait until all the dominos fall until I form my final opinion.

So "In Billy we Trust" and all that bullshit. We're all rooting for the name on the front, not the names on the back, right?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zito for Jackson and Quentin.

hah

i might actually forget about the Loaiza signing.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 1:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, I went over to the board to comment on the gross mis-appropriation of funds for one Stevie Lo and I could not help but see it remains rampant with idiots (outside of boris and blee). So it is here where I will proclaim that I am now lighting myself on fire.

Oh, and anybody who says Zito won't be traded is stupid or dumb. You pick. nw

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 11:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"it remains rampant with idiots (outside of boris and blee)"


sniffle

=(

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 1:58:00 PM  
Blogger Roman said...

You're Boris, 'yashi.


Don't ask.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 2:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOW I AM REALLY A RUSSIAN HERO!


hfg

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 3:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stevie wonder. because I wonder why we signed him.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 7:26:00 PM  
Blogger Roman said...

Well, then Billy's still one wetback short. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll lure Fernando Valenzuela out of retirement.

Friday, December 02, 2005 8:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whatever, bring back Olmedo Steaks!

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 7:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"We're all rooting for the name on the front, not the names on the back, right?"

Absolutely...who cares who plays as long as they win?

Saturday, December 10, 2005 1:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home