Friday, August 12, 2005

Two Outta Three Ain't Bad

Nice birthday dinner - Check.
A's avoiding another ass-raping - Check.
A little birthday sex - Oh well, there's always next year.

It was actually me that passed on the birthday sex in order to watch the end of Wednesday's game. By the time the game was over, the wife said it was "too late."
"I'm too late? Can't you bump your eleven o'clock to eleven fifteen?"

--Roman
She didn't think that was very funny. And since it was decided that I wasn't going to get my gifts until today, I'll cash in tonight...unless the game runs long.

Sacrificing sex for baseball isn't gay, is it?

Anyway, it sure was nice to steal those last two games from the Angels. Not that our mighty A's didn't do their part to win those games, but Anaheim sure made their fair share of fuck-ups.

Though a lot of good things came out of this series (the most important being the results, of course), I've still got my concerns about the team. When's Kotsay going get healthy? Why the hell isn't Hatte on the DL yet? What's wrong with Crosby? Why can't we hit crap pitchers like Paul Byrd? When did Joe Kennedy start blowing Ken Macha? Why does Macha insist on batting Kielty ahead of Swisher versus righties? Is Harden a big game pitcher? Why is Ginter still on this team?

With all those questions up in the air, this series could very easily have been a sweep. A demoralizing sweep. At home. Fortunately, it wasn't and now our A's have sole possession of first place.

For me, the REAL test begins tonight. I've always been more comfortable when we were the chasers instead of the chasees. If our guys were to fall out of the playoff picture after coming back from so far down, I might just have to hunt down and murder Ken Macha.

Which, now that I think of it, might not be such a bad thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home