Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Gimme A Break

The All-Star Break gives me the perfect opportunity to go back and reflect on this little blog and what I want it to be moving forward.

Do I go back to my roots and just stick to bashing Ken Macha and his moronic moves? Do I steer more toward statistical analysis ("Fun with Numbers" was a smashing success. I think I got like seven hits that day.)? Do I put more effort into Roman's (gay and time-consuming) Round-Up. Or do I continue a mix-mash of all three? I'll think about all of this in the next few days.

But before I go into into my state of meditation and reflection, I guess I should comment on this beauty:
"I don't think he should have been out there, personally. I was totally against it. One game is not worth the second half of the season"

--Eric Chavez
Calm down, Dr. Chavez. Ten extra pitches isn't going to have any long-term effects.

Sometimes I wish Chavy would just shut hit trap. I'm pretty sure Macha was totally against Chavy airmailing that ball into right field. He was also probably totally against Chavy going 0-4 and leaving four guys on base. But he's not spouting off to every beat writer that'll listen.

Sure 43 pitches is a lot for a closer, but with a three-day break coming up, it's not that big of a deal. And it worked. So I don't know why this jackninny feels it necessary to even comment on Street's use.
"I went two-for-13 with just two RBI this series and we still managed to sweep the best team in baseball. I think that says a lot about our team."

--What Eric Chavez should have said
Sure, just reading off the company line is a little boring, but when Chavy tries to put his original thoughts into words, he just sounds like a fool.
"The guy who put his neck on the line was Huston. He kept his composure and he kept giving us chances."

--Nick Swisher
Swisher's just a rookie, yet he's the one that sounds like the veteran. Chavy should take notes.

Actually, I take it back. Chavy should just do his job and shut his hole. He's already made it very clear that he has no desire to be the vocal leader of this club. And I have no problem with that. He just doesn't have that type of personality. I don't think that because he's been here the longest and makes the most money that he should be obligated to be the team's captain. So he should just hit homeruns, win Gold Gloves and leave the media alone. Quite frankly, I don't even care what he has to say anymore.

Anyway, now that I've got that off my chest, let me know what you'd like to see more of. I'm all about giving the people what they want.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like more mockery of women and electronics equipment and photos of both Butt Girl and Anna Benson's cooch.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 1:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bashing Macha is fine with reason. Gives us something to debate sometimes. Stat analysis is ok, too. Just don't get too deep into it. As for Roman's roundups... a bit long. I know what the A's did, so thats not helpful, and instead of the whole minor league roundup, you just provide a link to the boxscores/stories for those who are interested?

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 5:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about some pictures of L's sister?!?!?

Hawk needs something other than Mrs. Smacca. hg

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 10:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home