Friday, October 14, 2005

A nation sounds off

Good lord... what a horrible day.
-ToniePeluso

What a nightmare! Cannot believe this has happened....Someone shoot me and put me out of my misery.
-Bashbrother105

Another 3 years of frustration.
-BeatodeOakland

Now it doesnt matter who we sign this offseason, because we could sign every all star in both leagues and this fuckwad would find a way to screw it up!
-Handzusrules

Billy you suck. You couldn't find a scarecrow?
-AndFireBillyToo

Mass Suicide...Who's in?
-Rmv130

I aint even calmed down at all. Thanks for not working, blunt.
-ThanksAgainBilly

Yea. I'm not happy.
-PokeyOats

I think I want to throw up.
-Zorch

Now I don't know whether I should cry or whether I should puke... I think I'm gonna do both...
-AsFanFirst

[Macha] is dull, unimaginitve, doesn't fire the team up, makes poor lineup decisions, can't manage a bullpen, you name it. Who would I have liked better? A chimp in a uniform.
-Oaktown2

Macha is the death of this team. He is the worst imaginable manager. His piss poor decisions singlehandedly cost us far too many games.
-TheBig4

Unbelievable. Three more years of this idiot not fighting for his team, filling out bad lineup cards and making pitching changes only justifiable to the criminally insane. Excellent.
-ToddyBaseball

KILL. ME. I just woke up and saw the news. suddenly a part of my soul has died
-Tejada116

Funny like a guy getting hit in the junk with a baseball bat, a la Funniest Home Videos, except A's fans are the guy. What an unbelieveable joke.
-Smacca17

Macha's approach was to just keep copying down the same batting order every day. He's like a big clump of mold sitting on the bench.
-JoeRudi

We are stuck with this sorry fucker for THREE YEARS? I keep checking my calendar, hoping it's April 1st. But it's not. It is Oct. 14 2005, a day that shall live in infamy.
-EmilyBemily

Not the return of the kung-fu kicking robot!
-Franks a lot

And here's an audio clip that conveys the feeling pretty well.




As you can see, A's fans aren't happy. In fact, I have yet to read any A's fan anywhere who is pleased this this move. Here is something I wrote immediately after Pittsburgh had chosen Jim Tracy for their manager, leaving Macha out in the dark:

Macha is just a dull baseball mind who was hastily promoted to manager the same way Tom Holmoe was after Mariucci left to coach the niners. Both were in the right place at the right time.

He doesn't sound intelligent when he speaks, and nothing about his actions have shown him to be gifted in any way. He has presided over two consecutive September collapses, and watching him duel Grady Little in the 2003 ALDS was like watching two retards having an incompetence contest.

Who in their right mind would hire this guy again?"



Us, apparently. What a truly terrible day.

18 Comments:

Anonymous SpazByrnes/ThanksAgainBilly said...

After it didn't work, I got more pissed.

Thanks again blunt.

And Billy.

And Macha for being a douche bagging bitch.

Friday, October 14, 2005 2:45:00 PM  
Blogger Kenny said...

The Holmoe comparison is not a fair one. Holmoe led Cal to a 1-10 season.

I was going to say something else, but I would be jinxing something if I was to continue with that thought.

Friday, October 14, 2005 2:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, at least you still have a raisonne d'etre!

Friday, October 14, 2005 4:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I see you posted a lot of the reactions of fans straight off of AthleticsNation.com. Why don't you also post the large number of positive comments?

Friday, October 14, 2005 4:49:00 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Friday, October 14, 2005 5:19:00 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Because an extremely large proportion of the posters at Athletics Nation are certifiable retards.

Friday, October 14, 2005 5:21:00 PM  
Blogger The Anti-Blez said...

Just goes to prove what I've been saying all along.

BIEANO IS A MORON.

I'm really, really sorry for you, Roman, (and all the rest of Oakland's true fans). We deserve better, Much better.

--The Anti-Blez

http://www.patheticsnation.com

Friday, October 14, 2005 5:55:00 PM  
Blogger The Anti-Blez said...

And I'm a moron for not being able to spell "Beano" correctly. But that goes without saying...

Let's Go A's!

--The Anti-Blez

Friday, October 14, 2005 5:56:00 PM  
Anonymous SpazByrnes said...

Only 57% of the posters on AN are smart.

What the hell is with the 43% that actually like Macha coming back to fuck us up for 3 more years?

They are just like Billy. They either: a) Are stupid; b) don't watch the games; or c) don't care if the A's win or not.

This is a big "fuck you" to everyone who defends this mopve, Billy, or Macha.

Friday, October 14, 2005 6:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the bright side, we never got a chance to fire the douchebag. Think of how sweet it will be when Beane cans the moron midseason? Better yet, how about in April after another slow start? The fact that we would have to swallow nearly 3 years on the contract would make the firing much more humiliating than just "parting ways"...

Friday, October 14, 2005 6:58:00 PM  
Blogger â„–Hitz said...

Pictures.

Hundreds and hundreds of compromising pictures in Macha's possession involving Beane, Schott, and a couple of toothless fat chicks from Sacramento.

That's the only explanation.

Friday, October 14, 2005 7:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nohitz, I think that doesn't explain it at all. Now, if those pictures involved Beane and Schott plus a couple of toothless fat biker dudes from Sacramento, then yes it could explain these events...

Friday, October 14, 2005 7:25:00 PM  
Anonymous theorangecrush said...

Hey its theorangecrush from flyersphans.com. I cant believe this juciy fruit ass licker is back! What in the blue hell was Beane thinking...this is like breaking back into alcatraz....I cant believe this shit!v

Friday, October 14, 2005 8:53:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

One of my buds sent me email on this and I thought it was a joke. Then I came here and the joke is on us all. What a patethically sad day.

Friday, October 14, 2005 9:10:00 PM  
Anonymous jmoney said...

I too thought it was a joke when I heard this morning. The only positive here is that, while rehiring Macha will torpedo any hope the A's had of winning the world series in the next three years, at least this cool and amusing blog will be around to give me solace.

Friday, October 14, 2005 10:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because an extremely large proportion of the posters at Athletics Nation are certifiable retards.

Ouch! Greg, wasn't today bad enough for me?

--baseballgirl

Friday, October 14, 2005 11:20:00 PM  
Anonymous SpazByrnes/SpazBilly said...

Well baseballgirl, if you are one of the 43% that likes the idea of Machatron coming back with his never ending supply of Juicy Fruit and blowjobs for Billy, then yes...... you are indeed an idiot.

But of course, if you are part of the 57% that hates Macha like every other person that hates the A's being fucked day in and day out, then you are NOT an idiot.

Friday, October 14, 2005 11:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what "nation" are you talking about? surely that many people have never commented on THIS blog...

Sunday, October 16, 2005 1:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home